Saturday, May 06, 2006

Here are a few "blow outs" my greenhouse experienced over the winter. I captured the images them just before taking down the greenhouse in March.

The above is a pretty big tear in the plastic in the lower right hand front corner. It came late in the season so, as you can see, I just used it as a way to easily run my watering hose into the greenhouse.

The image above shows how I repaired two large tears. One was between rib 2 and 3 and the other between 3 and 4. I took tears in the structure rook very seriously because of the potential loss of heat. The repair strategy was to lay new large sections of tarp and anchor those pieces to the ribs. As you can see it was pretty ugly. However it was very effective.

I'll post some other 'blow outs' shortly and include them in a "How to Prevent" and "How to Repair" sections.

Tags: , ,